Sunny Lounge

Sunny Lounge

Friday, December 19, 2014

Oh, Christmas Tree

So, last night, I finally got my tree set up in my house.  It's not decorated yet, because I wanted a day to let the branches settle.

I am very lucky that Sunny is really great about the tree.  I usually weight the base down, just in case.  A couple of full paint cans do the trick quite nicely.

In self defense, I do have a rule that must be followed when the tree is decorated...no breakable ornaments on the bottom foot of the tree.  I have plenty of no-shatter, paper, wood and other durable material ornaments that form the bottom ring on the tree.  He will occasionally investigate...


I think I've caught him batting at an ornament once or twice in the years that I've had him.  They're just not that interesting.  You see for Sunny, it's all about the tree skirt.

He LOVES the soft, fluffy skirt for lounging after defeating the dreaded catnip filled mouse


Mostly, though, it's all about the nap.  Curled up under the twinkling, sheltering branches is his favorite place to be at this time of the year, and really what better gift could be found under the tree than this...?



No comments:

Post a Comment